Sunday, August 10, 2008

Monday Aug 11 - We make it to Portland...barely

Well, we made our first leg from Boise to Portland, barely. I spent all weekend confirming all of my China plans and tickets, getting all our last minute items...and forgot to confirm the first leg of my flight from Boise to Portland. We actually leave from Portland on Monday, but I didn't want to risk missing any legs of the trip -- so I booked a flight going to Portland a day early. Only, it turns out that when we got to the airport for our 2:00 flight, they didn't have a record of my booking. I had just rebuilt our computer last week and lost all of my email records. So we had to buy the Boise/Portland tickets at the airport. Luckily, when I had originally bought the Boise/Portland tickets, I picked a time where there were 2 later options, just in case anything went wrong. So we bought tickets instead for the 6:35 p.m. flight, and then called Karryl to come pick us back up. We went home, got a nap, and then came back. Then, continuing the theme, there was a problem with the flight -- which was delayed until 7:30. But we finally got on the flight and landed here in Portland. I booked a room in the luxurious Red Lion Airport...with a room on the second floor with no elevator ... but of course, I got a good deal. Emily is on an exercise kick, so she's "encouraged" me to get up with her at 5:00 a..m. tomorrow morning to go running before we take off at 9:00 to go to Beijing.

No comments: